Sunday, November 25, 2012

Seriously Disturbed (with my own habits)

I hadn't worn MAC Seriously Hip since purchasing it over a year ago. That really bothered me (my consumerism is starting to do that, but we'll save that for another post), so I decided to finally get some use out of it. I wore it for a few days plain and then layered Butter London's A Tart With a Heart on top for the easiest galaxy nails you ever did see. Love the final result- hate the final pricetag. 

I really should do a post on the consumerism that runs rampant in the polish community and how that's affected me, a student. But I wouldn't want to bore you all to tears. Hmmm.




4 comments:

  1. I agree and relate to your financial woes))) Beautiful results, but at what costs! I started the blog as an avenue of being more creative with what I already have and eventually got sucked into the latest hype and buying sprees. So sad(( Anyhoo, now that you have them better enjoy and get lots of wear out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it better without TWAH:)
    I agree you about polish hoarding. Don't get me wrong, I like to buy polish and have a collection of about 100, but that's exactly what it is, a collection. I carefully choose which brands and colors I buy, try to stay away from dupes and find certain colors I like and use them all the time. I just don't understand the need for hundreds or thousands of polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two look great together! And I totally get what you said about buying too much. When I first starting buying polish, I had to get everything. Now I buy only what I really really want and will wear. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I'd very much like to see your post on the consumerisim part! I do agree a lot of polish hoarders are more about acquiring and swatching the latest polishes than about producing nail art. I do try to limit what I buy too, but like you mentioned, it's tough!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! I love reading all of your comments!